Check out our pictures HERE!

Friday, November 03, 2006

If you can't beat it, join it

Our first day of biking through the rain was Thursday. We were well warned by local forcasters of the coming rain, but decided to push on to San Francisco out from the cover of Bodega Harbor Inn. With my rain coat hood up under my helmet I led out and very soon became one with the rain. Surprisingly I had one of my best bike days yet. As long as we were moving I was warm and well-happy, even. Noticing rivulets streaming down the bark of Arbutus trees, racing herds of scared cattle in adjacent fields, adjusting the temperature control pit-zips on my raincoat, singing rain songs. I laughed aloud at the absurdity as water gushed off my front tire, especially on the downhills, into my face. The fertalizer runnoff from this long awaited rain completed the missing nutrients in my recently organic diet. Despite the turnaround of a day that began with damp misery I'm hoping it doesn't rain in southern Cali.

No comments: