Check out our pictures HERE!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Adieu of the third amiga

Well girls, I'm listening to Carsie Blanton at my home computer, slow connection as it is. I will validate that there is snow up here, and tomorrow's temp with wind chill is -39C. Brrrr. I guess I'll take my run indoors:) I am proud to say that I covered 1300 km in two days- not bad hey? My bum is sore in different ways now. I think it will take more than a drive up the province to digest the last forty days. It is made up of highs and lows, irrational hours and mutually enjoyed meals/ bike interludes. I will miss taking in the sights with you*. Here's some sights I will share with you. Of driving east through the Chilliwack valley, the sun bursting out of darkly layered cumulous clouds and touching snowy peaks over Hope. A low sun, in San Diego it'd be a half hour before dark, but in Ashcroft the sun will hang for three more hours in its slow westward course; painting the fallow hills in a pale yellow light as we wind into Clinton. Street lights of Prince George piercing the sky vertically, reflecting off snow crystals in the air. Snow rounded and pillowy, untracked along the Pine Pass summit...This one will get you Jodie:) So I bid you enjoy the journey, the constant nourishment, the friends along the way, fun camping and best breakfasts ever, the sunshine on your legs, the dear calls home, and each other. love Wendy

2 comments:

Mike's Bloggity Blog said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINE!

Likethepear said...

Adios amiga! We certainly miss you down here! We`re still searching for the real south...we woke up to frost on our tent a couple days ago. Would have been warmer with you still in the middle!

Christine