Check out our pictures HERE!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

I do.....NOT!

Two days and two marriage proposals! This bike trip must be doing more for me that I thought :)

The first was from a german staying at our hostel in San Diego who sat down to dinner with us on our first night in town. He was asking all about Canadian cities and trying to compare them to US cities when we discovered our shared love of sidewalk hot dog vendors. He was so pumped to find a girl that could happily live on all-beefs that he wanted to marry me! Tee Hee!

The second was from a Mexican restaurant host who I think found me freakishly tall, but couldn't believe that a woman existed who wouldn't jump at the offer of a free margarita. "What? You no like margaritas? You must be my wife!" And both other times that we passed him that day, he'd run over calling, "Oh, my fiance! my fiance!" Jodie was kind enough to insist on taking my picture with my newest beau. Tee Hee again!

With all of the attention that we seem to attract from mexican men, I figure we need to start a tally of how many marriage proposals we rack up over the next few weeks. The three pasty white girls seemed quite popular in Tijuana the other day, getting cat calls and pick-up lines from all sides. Some of our favorites:

"Hey! Charlie's Angels!"
"Are you from Baywatch?" (I think they were talking to Jodie)
"Hey! The three musketeers!" (slightly less flattering)
"I've got a big enchilada!" (and suddenly i'm not hungry anymore)

And that's all on day one!

~Christine

No comments: