Check out our pictures HERE!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Big Sur and the happiest day ever!

From the minute we left Carmel and started to wind our way upwards along the coast and into the region known as big sur, I had a huge grin on my face that didn't fade until we cruised back down towards flat land 75 miles later.

I had heard of the Big Sur before and knew that it was beautiful and a must-see along the California coast. We'd also heard that the road was narrow, steep, windy and without shoulders - exactly my kind of ride! But no one who described it prepared me for it. Maybe that's because it just defies description.

For 75 miles, the road is etched into mountainsides overlooking the most intensley colorful sea waters that you could image that smash violently against the craggy shoreline.

Even though it was the hilliest and windiest road we've seen yet, the entire thing felt easy. It must have been the magic of the big sur.

~Christine

No comments: