Check out our pictures HERE!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Nine mile mountain

She was peering at us sideways when she prepped (threatened?) us about the hilly section just south of Crescent City. That "you'll see" glint was in her eyes and she dismissed us as crazies who would attempt such a ride. The hotel manager was far from my mind as I approached the first of the hills, gung ho for the climb. And it went well, despite a couple losses. I lost my water bottle on the down side of the mountain-busting out of the bungie-front bike rack holster I had contrived. And I lost my wallet, on the summit of the same mountain. I guess on one of my picture taking stops I had set my wallet down on top of the pannier instead of inside and disregarded the jangling noise of the coins being strewn all over the black-top. Fortunately Chris noticed the black leather shape and forced herself to turn around to ensure it wasn't a wallet. My thanks to you Chris for saving me from a ride up the back side of the nine mile hill. In the Giesbrecht lineage of wallet displacers- Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on, Wen... I've watched you jog to the top of a mountain in the Pine Pass... what's another nine miles compared to that? :) Take care!

Mike's Bloggity Blog said...

Chris, I'm loving following along on your journey. It's inspirational and amazing!